Prince Dreams - Entertaining The Ladies

Last night I had a weird and wonderful dream about Prince. Weird because since April 21st, it's the only Prince dream that I've woke up from feeling happy and forgetting for a brief moment that he's not here. Wonderful because having never met him in life, yet so up close and personal in my dream is every fans perfect dream really, as it's all we have left now.


Prince Smiles - There were a lot of smiles and laughter in my dream


The full picture is a little sketchy and I was woken from my dream by my nightmare neighbours, make of this what you will... I'm assuming the setting was Paisley Park and possibly a church. Prince was hosting an event for an audience of well over 100 women, including myself. All colours, all sizes and all ages (over 18, of course). There was food, drink, games, Prince music and videos I've never heard or seen before. Prince was flitting from group to group chatting, laughing, flirting and dancing with these women. He showed me some pictures which he had taken himself and asked which ones I liked. There was one I wasn't too keen on (I have no recollection of what it was), so I pulled a shade face. Prince laughed, playfully snatched them out of my hand and swaggered off. I found myself in a very unflattering position along with a group of ladies, trying out the "Gett Off"* dance mat. This virtual mat guided some of Prince's funkiest dance steps and he was there, urging us on, shouting out instructions. There was so much going on and everybody was happy, especially Prince. Even when we all ended up in some type of church, the mood was upbeat. Prince played the organ whilst a choir, all female, sang. We all had either a bible or hymn/song book, white with Prince's symbol in gold embellished on it. I recall sliding off the polished oakwood pew as we all ran out to follow Prince's next adventure for us. He was so alive, energetic and all I've ever imagined him to be.
There was quite a bit of travelling in the dream (a coach and a plane), if Prince is trying to tell me to face my fear of flying and go and visit Paisley Park, he needs to also show me a sign of how to raise the funds.

Posted by Sheila E on FaceBook
October 1st 2016

Whilst editing this piece I came across a post from Sheila E on FaceBook who also dreamt of Prince last night. Obviously, her dream is more deeper and prominent knowing Prince on a personal level but I feel kinda chuffed at the connection as Sheila said he was happy in her dream too. I hope I have more like last night. I love meeting Prince in my dreams.
DAMW 2016

* Quite eerie that there was a "Gett Off" dance mat when today marks 25 years since Diamonds & Pearls was released. 

Comments