ALL ABOUT PRINCE - Breakfast Can Wait

I'm loving Prince's funky R&B tune, "Breakfast Can Wait" more and more each time I listen to it. I can wait for breakfast, but I'm hungry for a new Prince album.


Listen to this youtube stream if you haven't heard it yet

Over a month ago I purchased "Breakfast Can Wait", "Groovy Potential" and "Ain't Gonna Miss You When You're Gone" from 3rdeyegirl.com with a heavy heart and anticipation. Was I doubting Mr Nelson? Of course not. I was just really frightened, that due to my hearing impairment I wasn't going to be able to fully enjoy these new tracks. Worries over...Yes I blasted the volume through my earphones way too loud, but I'm determined, this disability will not stop me enjoying Prince.

Out of all the recent releases, "Breakfast..." is my fave. Damn, Prince just gets better with age doesn't he? From start to finish, the tunes grooving, Prince seductively delivers the lyrics that ladies wanna hear... "Finally my eyes are open, I dream about you all night long. The only thing that I've been hoping for, is before you go to work, babe we can get it on...Breakfast can wait". And puts things down in ways that guys are too afraid/shy to. Of course, there's the signature reference to himself... "Prince is in charge now...".


Visit 3rdeyegirl.com to buy new Prince releases and much
more.  It's official and you're not helping 'others' to rip him off.

Damn right he is. Thankfully the fans and the US music critics have embraced this track, unlike the UK media, who continue to spout negativity about his music. Poppy Cosyns from The Sun hoped for "something more spectacular from a lead single" and gave the song 3 out of 5. Prince's music always speaks for itself and is hitting a new generation rapidly. Young teenagers are feeling the groove of "Breakfast" and my nine year old who always asks me to "play somebody else now" when I have my Purple Jam Sessions, is always singing along and dancing to "Groovy Potential".

I just long for an album now. I'm old school, I like to buy my music and have it in my hand, read the cover, pop the cd in the player and enjoy. I'm also hoping Prince will release a concert DVD. Its long overdue and his older fans who don't have easy access or are internet shy are desperate to keep that connection with him.

Comments