Purple Blues About The Prince Exhibition, UK

Anything that keeps Prince's legacy alive and brings fans closer to the magic he brought to us is a truly beautiful blessing.  As the My Name Is Prince Exhibition paves its way to the UK, a very unhappy Cinderella will not be able to make it to the ball. 



*OK, let me say this quick before I start to cry... Later on this month, the Prince exhibition, My Name Is Prince comes to London at the 02 arena and guess who's not going? This little broken-hearted Purple Muffin! When the event was announced back in August, I was there, mentally. £120 on tickets for me and my daughter? A tight squeeze but no problemo! Of course there are cheaper tickets, but if I'm going to a Prince exhibition, it has to be VIP all the way. Then the big bugaboo hit me... Travel and accommodation! After totalling up rail fare, cab fare, food and a basic hotel, I would have to max out my credit card. With a bleak winter on the way, Christmas not far behind the exhibition and a shit load list of home improvements and appliances that need replacing, I had to make a sensible decision with my head, even though my heart is still desperately aching to go.

Luck doesn't pass my way very often so I know I'm going to be a miserable motherfucker over the next few weeks as this exhibition takes its course. Although I'm jealous of everyone who's attending, I truly hope it will be a successful enough event to return again in the near future. The My Name Is Prince website promises a truly gratifying experience for the fams at the 02, which reflects on Prince's 21 Nites In London tour there back in 2007. I was blessed enough to attend that tour so going to the exhibition would have certainly evoked some precious memories for me. Also, being short of Purple coins and scared shitless of flying, the chance of me ever being able to go to Paisley Park....remains in my heart as the closest I can get there is in my dreams.

Prince Items From Paisley Park That Will Be Featured At The Exhibition Include...

So as I fight the Purple Blues, I wish everyone attending a fabulous time. I pray nobody gets stupid and ruins it for others and that the British press covers the event respectfully (cuz we know they've done Prince many wrongs over the years)... And now the tears flow.

* - Taken from "Strange But True" Copyright Prince Rogers Nelson 1999








Comments