All About Prince - Thoughts On Mayte's Book


Unfavourable concert tributes, leaks from the vault, private life rumours, plans for Paisley Park, increasing Love Symbol keepsakes for sale are just a few of the many obstacles that have stirred Prince Fams up in the five months since he passed. It seems barely a week can pass without something causing upset to the Purple Family.  The hot topic at present is the proposed memoir from ex-wife, Mayte Garcia.


Prince and Mayte
I don't hate Mayte, yet I can't rid of the anxious suspicion I feel towards her. To be fair, there are a few members of Prince's 'inner-circle' that give me an uneasy feeling but I don't know them personally nor how Prince truly felt towards them, so I'm not fit to judge. An elderly relative once told me I had a corrupted mind for the negative and pessimistic thoughts I hold so I'm just gonna put out there what's been playing on my mind since it was announced that Mayte's "intimate memoir", 'The Most Beautiful – My Life With Prince' is scheduled for release in April 2017...

Mayte's Love Story

We know that this book was intended to be released last year, December 2015. In interviews prior, Mayte seemed to have a bear she needed to shake off her back and wanted the world to know she was more than just Prince's ex-wife. For some reason (rumour has it Prince's legal team blocked the release), the December release of the memoir didn't follow through... Fast forward to September 2016, Mayte states on Social Media that her book is not a "tell all". Prince Fams are split on whether she's exploiting his privacy now he's not here to defend himself or paying honour to the man “she will always love”... I believe Mayte. This book won't be explosive and full of intimate private details to harm the memory of Prince. In the five months since his passing, Mayte and her editors have had good and plenty time to cut out anything which would cause offence and dress is up as the most beautiful love story in the world. Call me cynical, but that's how my mind sees it and only reading the original unedited version from last year can tell me any different.





Comments