Prince Honoured With Icon Award at Billboards Music Awards 2013


Prince was honoured with the Billboard Icon award at last nights music ceremony and performed a mash-up of his classic“Let's Go Crazy” and the new “Fix Ur Life Up”.


I'm soooo happy that Prince received this award being an icon of mine for so many years. His music, his tours and his awesome purple charisma speaks for itself and it's nice to see the music industry recognising it.

Being in the UK meant I missed out on the action as the Billboard Music Awards aren't screened here. I anxiously hoped and prayed I would see his acceptance and performance today online but all links are a dead end as video content has been swiftly removed, either my the Billboard's legal eagles or the Purple Police. I'm gutted, absolutely deflated. However, I did find some pictures of the Purple One performing at the event and I'm still incredibly proud of him.


Congratulations Prince, can't wait for the new album.

Image Source : www.justjared.com

Comments